Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Happy New Year

Just realize that I have not post a single message for year 2006.

This year is quite interesting for me. I visited China in February. Since then, quit my job in Seattle and moved to Atlanta and joined a Forbes 400 company. It is quite interesting and after six months, I quit my job and joined a much smaller publicly traded company in Philadelphia. I have more chances to visit China and Asia. That is the whole idea.

This year, my clients' and my portfolio have not outperformed because I did not actively trade the oil stocks. Also the big holdings in income trust have been got hit by Canadian government new tax policy. Luckily, I stick to diversification principle. Our portfolios are recovering.

The lesson we have learn is you can easily tell politicians are lying because their lips are moving. Stephen Harper specifically stated if he was elected in 2005, he will not tax on income tax.

Here is his speech. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9mibZYpVPY

For 2007, I am betting on gold/silver and base metal stocks. Our Chinese stocks appreciate significantly. I will sell my petrochina at $150. This stock has done extremely well for me.

I miss PD 20% jump in one day. Not sure I have done the right thing. But since Jim Cramer recommended it, this is a clear sign to sell. Anyway, I am not regret since I have gain more than 100%.

Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home