Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, January 13, 2005

It is very strange. All the news is againest US $. And US $ is down. However, gold stocks are coninuing it south journey. I think people are still having faith in US $ and are not interested in gold. The media has not touched gold quite often. My gold holdings are down to 10% to 20% because I was purchasing them at the peak (November 2004). It was a little rush when I purchased them. I think I am going to continue to hold them as the insurance policy. I am so longer for collecting my insurance benefit.

I am watching a few stocks right now. NSANY (Nissan motor) is quite cheap from the fundamental point of view. Comparing US companies, it is not cheap but I don't have faith on Ford and GM. The pension and health cost will not change any time soon. Nissan models are very hot and I have heard some very positive comments on those Nissan cars. Right now, it is around $22.00. The 52 week range is $19.65 and $23.30. 1% dividend yield is not attractive. But p/e at 9.5 is reasonable. How much can it appreciate? I need time to think through.

Another one is IBN, which is indian bank. Canadian website is www.icicibank.ca. It is very competitive versus www.ingdirect.ca. right now, it pays 2.75% versus 2.4% in ING. Considering the booming economy in India, it worths looking to it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home