Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Book value

Today, when I watched ROBTV, Brian Acker talked about book value. I think he made a point. He was talking about Microsoft. He mentioned that during the past few years, we noted that accumulated depreciation on Microsoft has been become larger and larger. What does it mean? It means Microsoft has not invested significantly on the equipment or other fixed assets. When this happens, you start to question how much management is willing to commit this company? It applies other tech companies. If management is reluctant to invest itself, how sustanable will this company be? No wonder Brian is an accountant. I think he has made an excellent point. Looking into the company's book does play an important role in investment.

PFE starts to decline to $25. I have set $20 limit order. If it goes that low and I purchase them at that price, I will be very happy.

Still love oil companies. Su stays at $34.50. I think it will go higher. I set $38.18 sell limit order. Continue to watch oil, coal and material sector.

My return on investment is 15% for this year. It is not easy task. Take it slow. Let my book value grow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home