Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, February 03, 2005

January has already passed

Most major indexes were down in January. Generally, it is not a good sign because most of time new money will enter into mutual funds. Don Coxe has already expressed his concern. However, most traders know that every 5 ending year was up in the past century. Whether it applies 2005 as well is worth watching.

Laura has expressed her optimism for this year. She forecasted 8% to 10% return for 2005. I am not sure for her prediction. I think she meant that investors must be selective. She also mentioned normally commodity stocks are peak at 1.3 times book value.

I have built a position for Alcan (AL). It was purchased after the earning warning. I have confidence in aluminum price. The dividend yield is 1.5%. I like this company.

I found I am the type of person who likes to buy and hold. Have missed some profit taking oppotunities. Sometimes I asked myself whether I should change myself a little.

God stocks really hurt me. Placer Dome has been down 20%. Should I dump them? I think I still bet on weaker US $. I am thinking purchsing more.

I continue to purchse more stocks. Right now, more than 80% are in basic metal and pharma setctors. I am very bullish on them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home